Dedric Mauriac

Live, from inside the world of second life.

14 February, 2010

Social Media Board

I was helping out Hottie Something to get her skype status indicator working. Most people contact me about it with problems because their skype settings hide their status from the web. She didn't know where she had gotten it, but the two of us are thinking that she may have gotten it from Help Island since it is one of six freebies that I have listed over there. We eventually got it working.

I looked up and noticed that she had a little display setup to view her website, twitter, avatars united, and facebook profiles on the web. It gave me an idea to create something that is easy to set these up along with more social network and social media sites. I was primarily focused on social networks related to Second Life, or those that many people who used the platform were aware of.

The majority of the work was just hunting down and creating icons for all of the networks. I eventually got 16 icons setup that seemed pretty popular and went to work on the script.

The product is customizable. Depending on where you touch, it looks up the associated text from a note card and sends it to you. If you change the texture, it will still read the note card just fine.

My guess is that not everyone has an account at all of these social networking and social media sites. If they are up to the challenge, they can replace the texture with sites that they belong to, as well as change the note card to say something else for the area of the texture that was clicked. The sites that I have included are:

Posted via email from dedricmauriac's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home