Dedric Mauriac

Live, from inside the world of second life.

21 June, 2011

Physics Driven Development

503174

Let's face it - the physics in this virtual environment are just plan silly. I found that when the ball bounced off an object, another object behind it was recording the collision. I kept trying to move the objects further apart and still had problems. In this virtual environment, one object was not necessary. Gravity doesn't exist for non-physical objects. I've now got the game setup to detect that the ball hit the board first, before going in the basket. I even have a ball dropper setup as well to keep throwing balls while I tweak the code. Balls clean up too fast once they collide, but I've got a trick up my sleeve to check for a win even when the balls are still moving.

Visit Spini

Posted via email from dedricmauriac's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home