Dedric Mauriac

Live, from inside the world of second life.

23 June, 2011

We have a winner!

503695

I figured out how to determine if a ball has stopped inside of the basket. I was starting to look at bounding boxes, but the idea of applying rotations and manually getting the bounding box of a root prim was proving to be a tall order. I ended up using the collision event to monitor the velocity of the ball while it is colliding with the bottom of the basket. Once it slows down, then I can safely assume that it is not possible to leave the basket. I've also found a much needed use for the llRegionSayTo method that came out last night. It helps reduce the spam to people who are not playing the game. I just tell the player how many balls they have remaining, and if they won. Game almost done.

Visit Spini

Posted via email from dedricmauriac's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home