Dedric Mauriac

Live, from inside the world of second life.

09 July, 2011

The future of light projections

505930

I'm curious to see what light projections will bring. They seem like a hidden feature that will sneak up and astound everyone once people start mastering them. Shadows is ok - but light projections will add depth, atmosphere, and refined detail. I've updated my flashlights to use light projections. Due to the way that the prims are in front of my light with a transparent falloff for the "cone", I get something that really looks similar to how a flashlight lights up a wall in real life. The center is bright, then a ring of not-so-light and then a final ring around that falls into darkness.

Visit Spini

Posted via email from dedricmauriac's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home