Dedric Mauriac

Live, from inside the world of second life.

09 July, 2011

Strided Lists

505936

I've got about half of my inventory into my database and have begun work on an actual web-based vendor. To cut down on the amount of data sent back and forth, I'm going setting both my individual entries and fields to be delimited with the same pattern. To parse that information in-world, I'm using something called strided lists. I haven't used them before and thought I would give it a go. I couldn't quite get the hang of them at first, but then I realized that I needed to chop off the first entry in my list before I could get the correct value in the second field for all my items. Chop off the first two for field 3, and so on. It would be ideal if this was easier to work with.

Visit Applewood

Posted via email from dedricmauriac's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home